Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dogs in Your Garden

My dog is a great dog and is always trying to please.  In her effort to bond with me she has taken up an hobby of mine.  My dog Mia is trying to garden with me.  Mostly she digs holes in the garden and lays on top of my plants.  After some experiments I came across a fix that seems to be working.  Mostly Mia digs in areas that I have recently planted with like loose soil.

To fix the problem I took some left over chicken wire I used to make a cage for our rabbit a few years back.  I placed it on the ground where the dog has been digging lately.  I placed rocks around the edges to hold it flat and in place because the garden staples didn't do the job.  I have left the chicken wire in place for a week now and the dog has not dug there, nor have I caught her laying there either.  I am going to leave the wire there for a month before I move it to her next digging hole she decides to make.  I will let you know the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment